tcpbridge allows you to connect two network segments and bridge them. tcpbridge emulates a learning bridge (it learns which MAC addresses are on each side in order to prevent broadcast storms) and allows a variety of packet editing features in the same way as tcprewrite.
- tcpbridge works pretty well joining two ethernet segments.
- I haven't had much luck spanning wireless segments, but this tends to be very OS/hardware/driver dependant
- In general, don't expect great performance
- Linux performance should be better then under Windows, OS X, etc
- I really haven't done much testing of tcpbridge under Windows, so bug reports are welcome
- Using the packet editing functionality with tcpbridge is possible, but lets face it, it isn't likely to work out very well because tcpbridge isn't stateful.